Saturday, April 9, 2011

Some Advice From Dad

First off, make sure you save before you close a blog post... if you dont, you have to retype it again.

Secondly, when buying a house... take everything you can get when closing.

Erin and I bought our house a couple of years ago.  The couple that lived in the house before us had a 2 year old daughter.  While going back and forth on closing the sale of the house it was mentioned that they could leave all of the child proofing items in the house for us.  Like a dummy, I told them to go ahead and take that stuff with them.  I could just imagine every time I tried to open a drawer or cabinet having to fight some child lock.  Sure enough, a few days after closing on the house we find out that Erin is pregnant.  Needless to say I was a very happy individual... up until this week.  Brett decided that he would start crawling, which is an amazing thing and makes me smile every time he wobbles across the floor... but it also made me realize that I now need to go spend a hundred bucks or so childproofing the house.  So, in closing, I would like to say that if you have the opportunity to get something for "free"... take it.  You never know when something as simple as a child lock will save you some cash.

Oh and by the way... Brett has his own style of "army" crawling.

Enjoy the Video.

-Dad


1 comment: