Thursday, May 5, 2011

Happy Birthday Big Boy!

Today is your 1st birthday and my, oh my, has it been a year!  I'm not sure I realized how much our lives would change at 5:36 am that morning.  You've brought more tears and laughter, more stress and joy, and more love and happiness than I could have ever imagined. 

Don't get me wrong, I've been very blessed and have experienced more love and happiness than one person should be allowed in a lifetime.  But the love you brought was different.  It's a love that makes me run to your bedroom as soon as you wake each day, just to tell you good morning.  A love that doesn't mind rocking or holding you over the sink when you are sick (I've done this for your daddy as well, but I don't think he found the cursing under my breathe as comforting as you find my kisses).  It's also a love that has taught me about kindness, humility and not to sweat the small stuff.  

BB, you amaze me everyday and I can't wait to see what is in store for us this next year.

Now, onto the good stuff!

I knew the whole point of getting a baby cake was so Brett could destroy it.  This was harder than one would think, because his cake was so cute!       

I'm not sure if Brett was intrigued by the cake or the flame. 

I'm pretty sure it was the candle as he was concerned when it disappeared.

We are still working on self-feeding, so I wasn't sure if Brett would dig into his cake on his own.  My worries were silly.

He ate so much cake so fast, he actually had to stop for a breather midway. 

After a short break, Brett attacked the cake with full force.  He gave it his best, but his belly could take no more. 

We thought he was out for the count, until...

we brought out the ice cream!

Happy birthday my baby big-boy Brett!

1 comment:

  1. God bless you all today and every day. First birthdays are quite a milestone and a joy. Give him hugs and kisses from his relatives in Colorado. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you all. Brenda Wilson

    ReplyDelete